Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's

I joined a knitting group Monday. There were 5 of us knitting and chatting. I was so surprised at how fast the time went. Cindy started the group about 3 months ago and teaches knitting. Marcia, another new member brought a felted purse with beads that she had made, Gorgeous. I want to make that. I recognized Mary, she had been my landlord when I went to nursing school (has it really been 21 years??) Lots of patterns and ideas, yarns to learn about. My previous knitting had been with acrylic yarns from KMart or Payless.
Quilting taught me that I deserve to work with the best quality supplies that I can afford, and that I'm worth it!!
I read something today that I love, "it's an orchid for my soul." We all need more orchids.

OTN: jester booties from interweave knits in merino wool
socks for me in Trekking crayon colors

02/2008
update. Our knitting group has ceased to exist. I had too many 'irons in the fire' and couldn't attend the meetings and Cindy moved to the coast.

No comments: